About Nature Play Ireland
Nature Play specialises in designing and delivering children’s natural outdoor play spaces finding the right balance between the maximum possible play value and the necessary safety. Our team has many years experience working in children’s outdoor play and creative learning. We are the exclusive Irish partner to Richter Spielgeräte GmbH, making traditionally crafted wooden play equipment…truly original for more than 40 years.Speak to us about your project
Our Vision and Principles
- Self Determination and Social Responsibility.
- "As much play as possible, as much safety as neccessary" - Julian Richter
- Good placemaking, prioritising local uniqueness and playful landscape.
- A family business with a family ethos across the partner companies.
Environmental Approach - Life Cycle
- Using sustainably forested wood (FSC®/PEFC).
- Only whole European timber grown at high altitude for durability.
- Unpackaged, unpainted, naturally sustainable and low maintenance.
- Simple construction allowing for end of life recycling.
Craft Tradition - Our Workshop
- Time served journeymen and women make all our equipment to order.
- Hand-crafted and constructed in a way that children can understand.
- Traditional process - time honored approach to sustainability.
- Individual responsibility and expert knowledge.
- Continuation of trade skills, pride in work and care for the user.
Original Designs and Play Value
- ‘Play Value’ - quality and range of play experiences for children.
- Combining bespoke, locally made with European Standard equipment.
- Play equipment that allows children of all abilities to explore their own physicality amid the magic of the natural world around them.
Quality Materials and Expert Engineering
- All our equipment conforms to EN 1176, yet our equipment presents significant challenges to test the even the most agile children.
- All our high quality fixings and mechanical components are designed for longevity and simplicity of maintenance.
- Precedent installation for sites of natural beauty and historic significance.
- Significant experience of working on community and school play space projects
- Second to none service in design, installation and after care.
- Training and assistance with safety inspections and risk assessments.